A/ FILL THE BLANKS WITH APPROPRIATE WORDS FROM THE LIST
skill – satisfaction – development – partnership – challenge – care – motivated – humorous
- Fighting unemployment has become a ————— for many countries of the world.
2. ————- students are more likely to succeed in their studies than those ones who are not.
3. All the copies of the film have sold out because of its ————- scenes
4. Many doctors say that the feeling of ————- contributes to preserving your good health.
5. Morocco has signed a —————- with the European Union many years ago.
B/ PUT THE VERBS BETWEEN BRACKETS IN THE CORRECT TENSE
- By the end of this month,they (to finish) the building work.
2. When it started to rain, we all (to run) inside as fast as we could.
3. Frankly,I think you will (to fail) the exam unless you work harder.
4. I’ll come to see you here after (to receive) your phone call.
5. Yesterday evening, my children (to fall) asleep before I came from work.
C/ WHAT DO THESE SENTENCES EXPRESS?
- The new college may provide residential accommodation for all students. a. absence of necessity
2. In football, players mustn’t touch the ball with their hands. b. past deduction
3. It’s not necessary for you to come. I’ll bring you your keys. c. possibility
4. I think you should have stayed in this house. It’s near the town center. d. prohibition
5. It must have been hard for him to get up at five every morning. e. past advice
D/ RESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS AS SUGGESTED
- Thomas : I like to drive powerful cars.
You: ————– ( express agreement)
2. Louis: A lot of people are using mineral water these days.
You: —————– ( ask Louis for clarification)
3. Phil: I don’t know how to use the computer.
You: —————— (give advice)
4. Fouad: I tried to repair my car by myself, but I couldn’t.
You: —————- (offer to help)
E/ REWRITE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES USING THE WORDS GIVEN
- The students didn’t understand the lesson very well because the teacher’s explanation was poor. (consequently)
2. He got fat because he used to eat junk food. (because of)
3. They went to the supermarket. They wanted to buy some electric gadgets. (in order to )
4. You want to wear your brother’s T-shirt. (do you mind if )